Nexgard Spectra : Savior for dogs
Dogs and puppies are the most adorable pets in this world. Now a days, couples are following a trend of adopting a puppy and raising them as their own kid. Like a kid needs safety from viruses and infections so do a pup. Time flies speedily and you won’t even realise when your pup had become a fully-grown dog. There are a number of safety measures you have to take when adopting a doggy. Vaccinating, cleaning and training him are some of the basics. There are certain diseases that attack on dogs in certain seasons like summer and spring :- known as flea and tick season.
Flea and tick infestation is the oldest known and prevalent illness in the dogs. Pet owners tend to secure their dogs and prevent these parasites by giving medications or using natural remedies.
One such medication Nexgard Spectra is especially designed for dogs to get rid of these small and perilous insects. Moreover, this medication is also helpful in preventing Heartworms in dogs.
Heartworms is another hazardous disease in dogs.
What is Nexgard Spectra?
It’s a multi-purpose chewable tablet used to treat fleas and ticks. Not only it prevents heartworms in dogs but also treats other intestinal worms such as hookworms, roundworms and whipworms.
How effective is Nexgard Spectra?
Nexgard Spectra controls flea infestation up to 5 weeks and tick infestation up to 4 weeks.
It is a monthly treatment that also ensures effective treatment against intestinal worms.
How to give Nexgard Spectra to the dogs?
Nexgard Spectra comes in different coloured packs depending upon the weight of the dog. So, the initial step is to identify the weight of your dog and buy the correct medication.
Since, these are chewables they can either be given directly to the dog or can be mixed with the food too. It is easy to administer and should be given one dose per month. For dogs whose weight is above 60kgs, adjust the combination of the medicine. Always inquire a vet, if in doubt.
What is Nexgard Spectra composed of?
The main ingredients present in this oral medication are Afoxolaner and Milbemycin Oxime. Afoxolaner consists of a substance that kills fleas and ticks by attacking the central nervous system of these pests. It effectively eliminates the fleas within a day. On the other hand, Milbemycin Oxime is an antiparasitic ingredient which kills roundworms, hookworms and whipworms.
The perfect combination of these 2 elements helps in prevention of fleas, ticks and worms in dogs.
What are the advantages of Nexgard Spectra?
- Being a chewable, they are easy to administer.
- Effective for a whole month.
- Controls gastrointestinal infections in dogs.
- Safe for all breeds of dogs of at least 8 weeks of age.
- Minimum weight of the dogs should be 2kg.
- Prevents heartworms and treats hookworms, roundworms and whipworms.
Are there any safety measures to be followed while giving Nexgard Spectra to your dog?
- Keep the tablets in the blister packs until required.
- Wash your hands after use.
- Keep them away from children and pets.
- There are no specific instructions to administer this tablet to pregnant, lactating or breeding dogs. So, consult a vet before giving it to your dog.
- Seek medical attention if ingested by the children accidentally.
- Avoid its use if your dog is allergic to the elements present in the chewables.
The brand Nexgard, is manufactured by Merial and it has specially designed these chewables for dogs and puppies. So, guard your dog from any danger and buy Nexgard Spectra chewables without any delay.