Bravecto Chewables – Treating Parasitic Invasion
Winters are a relaxing weather treat for dogs. And for you it gives plenty of time to prepare your pooch and your surroundings for upcoming flea and tick season. To ease up your tension I recommend you a fast acting and one of the most reliable oral treatments named BRAVECTO.
What is Bravecto?
Bravecto is an efficient and tasty chewable which protects the dogs from flea and tick infestations. The treatment is easy to administer as it is tasty so dogs generally take it as a treat to savour the taste. This chew prevents infestations for 12 weeks. It is a swift treatment that has prolonged effect on the dogs. The major advantage of this treatment is that it can be commenced at any time of the year, not just in the summer and spring season when fleas and ticks are the biggest hazard.
Bravecto is an advanced formula which also kills lone star tick for 8 weeks. The broad spectrum treatment eliminates about 99% fleas and ticks on the dog within 8-12 hours. It controls fleas for 3 months and ticks for 4 months. Not only it protects the dogs from harmful flea infested diseases but also controls Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD).
The active ingredient of Bravecto is Fluralaner, that eliminates external parasites. It acts immediately after the application of the chew and destroys the fleas and ticks as soon as they come in contact.
Directions of use of Bravecto tablets
The chews are easy to administer. You can follow the steps given below to give Bravecto to your dog.
- Weigh the dog before starting the treatment.
- Check the dosage tablet and treat the dog with Bravecto chewable orally as a single dose every 12 weeks.
- The dosage starts with a minimum dose of 25 mg/kg body weight.
- Mix with the dog feed or directly administer into the mouth of the dog.
- You can start Bravecto treatment any time of the year and continue it for the whole year.
Advantages of Bravecto Chewables
There are various advantages of this oral medication in dogs like:
- Effective treatment against fleas and ticks
- Kills various tick species
- Suitable for all dog breeds including pregnant and lactating dogs
- Easy to administer as they are tasty chewables
- Prevents flea allergy dermatitis
- Aids existing parasites and prevents future infestation for 12 weeks
What are the safety measures while using this form of medication?
Every medication pack comes with certain safety regulations to be followed like some points mentioned below:
- Not for human use
- Product should be kept away from the reach of pets and children
- Do not drink, eat or smoke while administering the tablet
- Wash your hands properly after giving the tablet to the dog
- Store it at the room temperature
Apart from the safety measures there are also some precautions one must take before administering the tablet to the dog. Bravecto is a vet prescribed medication. It is not clinically proven to be given to 12 weeks duration of puppies who are less than 6 months of age. In case the dog have any reaction to the tablet, consult a vet to know the reason for it.