List of Pet-Friendly Hotels and Holidays in Australia
Holidays can be very intricate for pet owners since they find it very difficult to locate pet-friendly holiday destinations. There are lots of options available to you like board the pet, organise a pet-sitter or take the furry friend along with you. But it becomes very difficult to leave your pet while you enjoy somewhere else. Hence, there has been an increasing popularity amongst Australia for pet friendly holiday alternatives. This change has been brought upon due to the ever-increasing demands in the accommodation industry in Australia following the lead from Europe and North America. There are lot many choices now unlike in the past encompassing boutique properties, luxury hotels and holiday parks & B&Bs.
There are quite a few destinations which pamper pets and their owners. Some of them include:
- The Langham at The Rocks in Sydney is one of the perfect holiday destinations where you can accompany your pets. This hotel has been renovated last year with a total expense of $ 30 million. Last month it reopened with its pet-friendly status. The rooms per night cost $ 635 in addition to $ 120 per night per pet. This is one of the best options available to take your pets. If your pets are less than 20 Kg they can lounge in-room on plush pet beds. There is also a pet room-menu encompassing grilled salmon with green beans, tuna, potatoes, olives, quail egg and beef steak with chunky vegetables. There are also options like pet-sitting and dog-walking which are available. Guests can easily exercise dogs at nearby Observatory Hills, which offers views over the harbour.
- Mercure Canberra provides pampered pet package with a pet-friendly room and a secure outdoor area. You can get pet package from $ 199 that encompasses a room consisting of a pet bed, breakfast for two humans, a take-away home toy, and an adjoining fenced courtyard.
- The last option is Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains MGallery in Leura that consists of a stunning blue-tinted Jamison valley. It has a pet-friendly room which costs $ 259 that includes a courtyard and gate access to an oval for exercise.
You can even try out dog-friendly boutique hotels in Australia. Some of the best include:
- Medusa Boutique Hotel in Darlinghurst is one of the best boutique hotels that you will ever find in Australia. It is located in Darlinghurst. The great thing about the hotel is that dogs can be taken to the ground floor and courtyard facing rooms from $ 310 per night. Some of the renowned pets that have been in this boutique hotel include working dogs of the thespian kind and show dogs, heading to the Royal Easter Show.
- The Diamant Hotel located nearby Potts Point consists of dog-friendly rooms connecting a 15sq m tiled courtyard. The cost of per night stay is $ 204 plus $ 25 a dog. The great thing about the hotel is that guests get a welcome letter and treats on arrival.
You can also stay in luxurious villas that give great treatment to your pets. Some of the best pet-friendly villas in Australia include:
- Korora Bay’s Tropic Oasis Holiday Villas, located just north of the Big Banana contains a dog-friendly two-bedroom luxurious villa with tiled floors and a fenced yard. The cost per night for two is $ 145 plus $ 15 per night for a dog.
- Margaret River Stone Cottages located in Western Australia consists of double-storey that features wonderful jarrah forest surround and fenced patios from $ 165 per night plus $ 11 per pet a night.
If you are looking for a peaceful time with your furry friend on a beach look no further then the options enlisted below:
- Yondah Beach House is a three bedroom cliff top house on about 120ha with 2km of coastline. It is located on South Australia’s Yorke Peninsula. The cost per night is $ 230 for a minimum 4 night stay. Some of the past pet guests encompass pet horses, rats and turtles along with dogs. They are allowed to roam inside the house as long as the owners bring a clean rug to protect sofas.
- Hawley House located on Tasmania’s north coast features a hound-friendly rooftop bath with water views. Some of the past pet guests include rabbits, ferrets, chickens and horses. The cost per night is $ 175.
You can even take your pet on flight with you by opting for this alternative:
- Virgin Australia launched its frequent flyer program for pets in the year 2013. So every time you travel with your pets on their airline you earn 300 points or more depending on your membership status. You can book your tickets by calling 136 789.
There are times when your pet does not want to join you on the holiday. During such times you can try these options:
You can opt for a minder in case you have a dog.findadogminder.com.au is the best place to find a minder living in Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Perth, Sydney, Sunshine Coast and various regional centres. The subscription charge for availing this service starts from $ 55 and you can get a minder of your choice. The fees of the miner starts from $ 15 per night.
Mad Paws is another critter-sitter service that encompasses cat-minders. You can avail the services at 15 percent of minding fees. Start now at madpaws.com.au.
Hanrob Pet Hotels is a great place to keep your pets in your absence. It is located near Sydney and Melbourne airports with pet hotels in Sydney’s north and south. The standard charges per day starts from $ 33 per day for a dog and $ 23 for cats. You can even book luxury rooms for your pet that starts from $ 86 per day for a dog and $ 29.50 for cats. The great thing about it is that your pets can watch their own television while being there. Hanrob also provides a pet limo that depends on the price of application where the pet owners and their luggage are dropped at the airport and the pets are taken back to the hotel where they are given luxurious treatment. You can book the rooms at hanrob.com.au.